Celebrating Excellence and Innovation in Sports Medicine Products
The Orthopedics This Week Sports Medicine Technology Awards recognize exemplary and innovative sports medicine products and the engineering teams and inventors who create them.
Who May Enter:
Inventors (and companies who’ve developed a new product which may improve patient outcomes from sports medicine technology may enter this contest. Rules: Technologies that are eligible for a 2018 Sports Medicine Technology Awards must be:
- Any device, biomaterial or biologic product that was developed to improve the care of patients with sports-related injuries or disease
- The owners of the technology must have applied for patent protection within 36 months prior to the awards presentation (after July 7, 2015)
- The technology must have been used in humans (clinical studies or other)
- It need NOT be either FDA cleared or approved
- If FDA approved or cleared, such approval or clearance was received NO MORE than 12 months before the awards presentation
How to Enter:
- There is a $25 entry fee for each product. More than 1 product may be entered.
- Entry form is a 2-page cover sheet to provide general, consistent information to the judges and is to be completed as shown. Any deviation from this form will cause it to be returned to submitter, do not include images and do not modify.
- Maximum number of supporting documents is 6 pages, including text and graphics. These can be articles, brochures, marketing material—not to exceed 8 pages total including entry form.
- We cannot except videos, discs, flash drives, etc., as the judges get hard copies of the submission. You can include a link to a video in your entry form.
- Submission deadline is Friday, May 11, 2018. No submissions will be accepted after this date.
- All entries become the property of RRY Publications, LLC
May 11, 2018 — All Submissions Due
Early June 2018 —Winners Announced
July 5 – 8, 2018 — Awards will be presented at the AOSSM meeting in San Diego, California.
Judging will be based on originality, clinical relevance and likelihood that this technology can improve current standards of care. The Sports Medicine Award panel includes leading sports medicine physicians.
Awards and Recognition:
Awards will be announced late mid-June and awards will be personally distributed in San Diego, July 5-8, 2018. All winners will be featured in a special edition of Orthopedics This Week and their profiles will be posted on the Orthopedics This week website (www.ryortho.com). Each winning company will be granted permission to post the profiles of their winning teams on their company websites and to distribute freely.
For an entry form or for more information contact:
Suzanne Kirchner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-251-1797 or 1-888-352-1952